How to Choose the Right Lipstick Color for You
Choosing the right lipstick color for you can make a big difference on your total look. However, a lot of women find it hard to determine which color is just right for them. If you are one of these women, here are a few tips on how to choose the right lipstick color for you.
- Determine what kind of skin tone you have. There are three types of skin tones: fair, medium and dark. Which of these three are you? Determining your skin tone is an important first step because it is where you will be basing which shade of lipstick you should go with. Fair skinned women look good with wine red, beige, pinks and deep plum colors. Medium skinned women look best with deep reds, deep browns, brownish pinks, warm reds and deep pink colors. Dark skinned women look good with rich mahogany and dark berry colors.
- Determine the shape of your lips. If you have thin lips, wear glossy and light shades. This will make your lips appear fuller. If you have very full lips, wear matte lipstick in dark shades. This will make your lips appear smaller.
- Put your eye make up into consideration. If you are wearing a lipstick with a bold and striking color, keep your eye make up light. This way, it won’t seem like you are wearing too much. If you are wearing dark eye make-up wear a light or neutral color for your lips.
- Test it on. One way to determine which color is right for you is to test it. Apply lipstick to one part of your lip. If the color is just one or two shades darker that your natural lip color, then that’s it. You’ve found a match.
- Can you wear red lipstick? Many women prefer pinks or neutral colors when it comes to lipsticks. They think that they can’t wear red. But you can look good in red. It all depends on choosing the right shade for you. Again, let’s go back to skin tone. Those with fair skin should go for cherry red. Tanned skin will look great with fire-engine red. While dark skinned women look best with deep reds.
Choosing the right lipstick color for you is not rocket science. It’s just a matter of determining your skin and practice.
“Amy C. is an interior decoration aficionado and online marketer. She also likes testing and trying new home and office decorating themes. In addition to being an interior decoration hobbyist, she enjoys designing calming solar fountains and glass art. Amy invites you to browse her delightful collection of glass vases“